I’m a plant-powered artist and adventurer in love with mountains and wild places. My favorite adventures are by foot, rope, and bicycle; they push the boundaries of my fears, and draw me closer to my primal animal roots in this big beautiful world.
Over the years I have shifted to a minimalist approach. On my adventures I travel light, partially inspired by my broken back, but also by the philosophy of “take less do more”. Traveling light has impressed upon me how little I really need.
~ UPCOMING ADVENTURES ~
*Hayduke route, Spring 2020
a few highlights of PAST ADVENTURES
- Tahoe Rim Trail – 2019
- Senterio Delle Orobie Occidentali through the Bergamo Alps – Italy 2015.
- Arizona Trail – 2015.
- Continental Divide Trail – 2014.
- Pacific Crest Trail – 2012.
- Pacific Crest Trail – 2011 (500 mile section).
- Nevada County Highpoints – (14 of 17)
- Oregon County Highpoints – (20 of 36)
- Pico Fraile, Nevado de Toluca, Mexico – 2018.
- Sierra de la Laguna highpoint, Baja California Sur, Mexico – 2018.
- Picacho del Diablo, Baja California Norte, Mexico – 2017.
- New Mexico County Highpoints (complete).
- Arizona County Highpoints (complete).
- Grand Teton, Wyoming, 2013.
- Middle Teton, Wyoming, 2013.
- U.S. State Highpoints (49 of 50).
- Moby Grape, Canon Cliffs, New Hampshire, 2008.
- Whitney Gilman, Cannon Cliffs, New Hampshire, 2007.
- Cotopoxi, Ecuador, 2007.
- Cayambe, Ecuador, 2007.
- Mount Washington, Oregon, 2006.
- Mount Stuart, Washington 2009 & 2013.
- Prusik Peak, Enchantments, Washington, 2007.
- Matthes Crest – California, 2006 & 2009.
- Cathedral Peak & Eichorn’s Pinnacle, California, 2009.
- Mt Washington, New Hampshire, multiple winter ascents, 2005-2011.
BICYCLE / BIKEPACKING…
…lots of trails around Moab, Gooseberry Mesa, Sedona, and southern Arizona …though long multi-day adventures are my favorite.
- Trans Ecuador Mountain Bike Route, combinations of the singletrack, dirt-road, and Tres Volcanos routes – 2018
- Baja Divide, Baja California, Mexico – 2017.
- El Camino del Diablo, Arizona – 2017 & 2018.
- George S. Michelson Trail (bicycle), South Dakota 2008.
- Chesapeake and Ohio Canal, Maryland 2007.
- W&OD Trail, Maryland 2007.
You can follow stories of my adventures here on my blog (link in Menu), or sign up, at the bottom of this page, to receive new blog posts in your email inbox (don’t forget to check your inbox to confirm your subscription). You can also follow short updates and photos of my adventures on Instagram and other social media (links at the top of this page).
You can view my artwork on my art website: onnavoellmer.com
Luna Sandals for keeping my feet happy.
Roadrunner Bags for helping me dial in my bike bags.
Great nutrition, and the best socks ever, kept me going strong on my 2014 Continental Divide Trail thru-hike.